FAME will focus particularly on illustrating the mobilization of citizen movements and civil society associations with numerous first-hand accounts from associations, experts in the field, and elected representatives from all over the world. We will share about:
- Agriculture and food security
- Energy, raw materials and extraction
- Conflicts and geo-politics
- Access to water and water quality
- Right to water, social mobilisations/organisation of struggles and democracy
- Public-private partnerships (PPPs), private management and finance
- Alternative Technologies (or re-appropriated traditional methods)
- Alternative and public management, Public-public partnerships (PuPs) and financing of public water and sanitation
- Climate Change
- Women and Water
Currently FAME has received over 180 contributions from 50 different countries from all the continents.
Topics of workshops include: Campaign against PPPs in water; Water and dams; Water and food security: fighting for social justice for farmers of the Global South; Water and energy; hydraulic fracturation; Debt: World Bank, the IMF and common goods; Strategies for resource management; Women at the centre of climate-friendly approaches to agriculture and water use.