Alternatives for the European year of Water.
The Alternative World Water Forum, March 2012 Marseille, France.
6th March 2012, 9H15-12H30, European Parliament, Room ASP 1 G 2.
8h45 – 9h15: Registration.
9h15 – 10h15: The Global geo-strategic importance of Water in the 21st century. The role of “Blue Gold” in world politics.
- Chairperson: Rosario Crocetta MEP (Italy, S&D) 6’ opening remarks
- Kartika Tamara Liotard MEP (Netherlands, GUE NGL) 10’
- Larbi Bouguerra (Honorary Professor at the Science Faculty of the University of Tunis, Associated Professor of Environment at the International University of Alexandria, Egypt) 12’ The role of water in the Arab Spring
- Penny Clarke (European Federation of Public Service Unions) 8’ Water Liberalisation in the Canada-EU Trade Agreement (CETA)
10h15 – 12h30: Alternatives for the European Year of Water. Public water and democracy: the first casualty of austerity measures.
- Chairperson: Marie-Christine Vergiat MEP (France, GUE) 6’ opening remarks
- Gabriella Zanzanaini (Food & Water Europe) 5’ Presentation of FAME
- Heide Rühle MEP (Germany, Greens/ALE) 10’
- Jorge Fael (Portugal, Agua de Todos campaign) 15’ Presentation of Agua de Todos campaign and the situation in Portugal
- Valerio Balzametti (Italy, Forum Italiano dei Movimenti per l’Acqua) 15′ The situation in Italy
- Athanasios Tzakris (Greece, Initiative 136 Thessaloniki) 15’ Presentation of Initiative 136 Thessaloniki and the situation in Greece
Please register your attendance to this event latest by 1st March 2012 by sending the following information:
Date of Birth
For any practical questions you may have, please contact:
Gabriella Zanzanaini (tel:+32 488 409 662) or Juliette Ryan (tel: +32(0)2 28 45831)