On 9th and 10th March 2012 there will be the conference “Water, Planet and People, for a global citizenship” organized by the France Libertés Foundation at the Provence-Alpes-Côte-d’Azur (PACA) Regional Council.
On 10th March there will be an International Meeting of Public authorities in the management of water and sanitation organized by the M.N.L.E. at Martigues.
On 13th March there will be a Forum of local authorities around the world on the policy issues related to water as a common good at Aubagne.
The heart of the Alternative World Water Forum will take place at the Dock des Suds, at rue Urbain V in Marseille from 14th to 17th March 2012.
The workshop themes (list of workshops):
- Women and Water
- Water and Agriculture
- The Right to Water
- Climate Change and the Financialisation of Nature
- Public and community water management and partnerships
- Resistance against neo-liberal reforms
- Access to water and sanitation
- Water and Health
- Water and Extractivism
- Conflicts and Water sharing
Outside the workshops:
- MSP General Assembly (Municipal Services Project)
- Preparations for a Water Tribunal
- A Youth Forum
- A session on controversies
Many activities will take place in the month of March, notably the documentary screenings of struggles and victories from the water movement:
- an IN Docks programme of documentaries in relation to the workshops. The screening room will be open from 10H to 18H
- an OFF Festival in alternative cinemas in Marseille
- Water films at cinemas in Martigues.
Finally in the month of February, support concerts will be organized in different places around Marseille to begin mobilization with music! And FAME will end in a concert on March 17 of 18h00 to 24h00 at the Dock of Suds.